I get it, it’s March and the grey and the cold and the rain and the snow and the slush is getting to be a bit too much. I totally get it…I dislike that stuff so much that I escaped to the sunshine capital of the United States just to get my happy on.
Mother Nature is the boss so we can’t just convince her to make it Summer quite yet. While we wait for her to make up her wise mind and send us warmth and sun, we can make food that reminds us of summer. Food which evokes that eating breakfast on the patio before going to the beach feeling.
This smoothie does that. It’s bright, slightly sweet and a bit tart from the pineapple. It tastes like a beach-y, coconut-y smoothie but still counts as breakfast because it has some vegetables and fruit in it.
Cheers to Summer…fingers and toes crossed it comes sooner rather than later.
|Green Pina Colada Smoothie|| |
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 cup of canned coconut milk
- the juice from 1 lime
- 1.5 cups of fresh or frozen pineapple or 1.5 cups of pineapple juice
- 1 large handful of spinach or torn kale leaves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder (I use collagen protein)
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and serve.